Homemade Billy Miner Pie
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melt|
|Oreo cookie crumb||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Oreo baking crumbs or 24 whole Oreo cookies processed into crumb)|
|Semisweet chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Coffee ice cream||4 Cup (64 tbs), softened|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, combine cookie crumb with melted butter. Mix well.
2. Into a 10-inch deep dish pie plate, transfer the mixture and press it into the bottom and chill.
3. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate with butter until smooth and velvety.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in sugar, salt, and evaporated milk. Place the pan on low flame and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove the pan back from heat and add vanilla and almond extract. Mix well and set aside to cool to room temperature.
6. Fill the pie shell with softened ice cream and spread evenly. Put it in the freezer until ice cream is firm again.
7. In the meantime, beat the whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar until it just holds a peak.
8. Spread the chocolate fudge sauce over the ice cream layer, then mound the top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pecans. Pop it back into the freezer until ready to serve.
9. Remove from freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before slicing.
10. Cut into slices and serve chilled.
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.7 mg24.9%
Sodium 149.7 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 0.56%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet