Thai - Inspired Poutine
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying the shallot and garlic)|
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Red thai curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chicken stock||750 Milliliter|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken thighs||2 Medium, deboned and flattened (skin on)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying the meat)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (For seasoning the chicken thighs)|
|Sweet potato/Regular fries||150 Gram (Oven baked fries)|
|Cheese curds||200 Gram|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped|
|Lime wedges||4 Medium|
1. Take a wok and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Fry a chopped shallot and 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Fry for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the red Thai curry paste and the curry powder. Stir and combine the paste with the shallots and garlic and cook it for about 3 minutes till the color becomes a little more darker.
3. Add a can of coconut milk. Stir and further add 750 ml of chicken stock. Mix to combine.
4. Add fish sauce and brown sugar. Let it dissolve and bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to a medium and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Take a skillet and heat it and fry the chicken thighs (seasoned with salt and pepper) till browned and golden on both sides. When the chicken is done, set it aside for at least 10 minutes.
6. After about 20 minutes the sauce would be reduced to a third. Season with salt or sugar as per taste.
7. Once the chicken is done, cut into strips to assemble.
8. Take a bowl and layer some sweet potato fries at the bottom and then top it with some cheese curds and the crispy skinned chicken strips and pour the prepared gravy on the top. Garnish with some freshly chopped cilantro.
9. Serve warm with a couple of lime wedges.
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.9 mg13.6%
Sodium 551 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 127.3% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet