|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl add egg whites and salt. Beat mixture until foamy.
2. Fold in 1/2 cup sugar gently. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and beat the mixture until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks forms.
3. In a large frying pan add milk and warm.
4. Using 2 spoons meringue shape into snowballs or eggs.
5. Put the snowball into hot milk.
6. Poach for 2 minutes on one s. Turn and poach for more 2 minutes.
7. Do not let the milk boil.
8. When snowballs are done drain out from milk and place over paper towels.
9. In a small bowl take egg yolks and beat until lemon-colored.
10. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Beat the mixture until blended.
11. Gently add hot milk to egg yolks and continue beating.
12. In a 1-quart saucepan transfer the mixture and cook custard over medium heat.
13. Add vanilla and strain.
14. Keep aside the custard to cool.
15. Transfer custard into large serving dish or individual dishes.
16. Drop the snowballs on top.
17. Serve chilled.
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85 mg28.3%
Sodium 64.2 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.07%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet