Canadian Bacon Stack Ups
|Whole cranberry sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned sweet potatoes||17 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canadian style bacon||1 Pound (Unsliced)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Slice the bacon into 12 pieces.
3) In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and corn syrup together.
4) In another bowl, beat the potatoes, butter, brown sugar and ginger with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5) In a baking dish, place 6 bacon slices and spread half of the potato mixture equally on each slice.
6) Cover with rest of the bacon slices and top each with a mound of rest of the potato mixture.
7) Spoon the cranberry sauce over the bacon stacks.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, basting 1-2 times with sauce in the baking dish.
9) Serve the Canadian Bacon Stack Ups immediately on a platter.
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.4 mg14.1%
Sodium 839.7 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 14 g28.8%
Vitamin A 141% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet