|Light brown sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Light)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broken pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Take a heavy 2 quart saucepan and grease its sides.
2) Mix together light brown sugar, granulated sugar, light corn syrup, salt, and water in the saucepan.
3) Cook the mixture until sugars dissolves and mixture comes to boiling. Keep stirring.
4) Let the mixture cook to the hard ball stage. Do not stir. Turn off the heat.
5) Now, beat egg whites until stiff peak stage. Add the mixture over it.
6) Using an electric beater keep beating constantly at high speed.
7) Then, add vanilla and keep beating until the mixture forms soft peaks and starts to lose gloss.
8) Add the pecans if wanted and then drop spoons over waxed paper and serve.
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 161.7 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 125.8 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 0.26%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet