|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered|
|Candied orange peel||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate squares||3 Ounce (3 squares, 1 ounce each)|
1. In a bowl, chop and add almonds, chopped orange peel, flour, whipping cream, sugar, salt, almond extract and mix well.
2. On top of a double boiler, add chocolate and allow it to melt, stir continuously until smooth.
3. Drop by level teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet, flatten slightly with wet knife blade.
4. In a preheated oven, bake at 225 degrees centigrade for about 12 to 14 minutes. Coat the base of the florentines with melted chocolate, and create a wavy design using a fork.
5. Allow to cool on wire rack.
6. Serve at room temperature.
Calories 1199 Calories from Fat 587
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g105.3%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg27.6%
Sodium 151.8 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.1%
Sugars 79.4 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 86.2%
Calcium 30.3% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet