|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (To Deep Fry)|
|Enriched corn meal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Quaker Or Aunt Jemima Brand)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
1. In a deep fat fryer or in a large deep frying pan, heat 1-inch of oil to about 375°F
2. In a batter bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Blend milk, egg and onion.
4. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix quickly to moisten the mixture and get a smooth batter.
5. Use a rounded teaspoon to drop the batter into the hot oil, in batches.
6. Fry the cornballs for about 2-3 minutes until evenly golden and crisp on the outside.
7. Remove and drain on paper toweling and continue to fry the next batch of corn fritters.
8. Enjoy the hushpuppies hot and crispy as an evening snack.
Calories 1255 Calories from Fat 1004
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g174.8%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.1 mg19%
Sodium 721 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 25% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet