|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (To Deep Fry)|
|Enriched corn meal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Quaker Or Aunt Jemima Brand)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
1. In a deep fat fryer or in a large deep frying pan, heat 1-inch of oil to about 375°F
2. In a batter bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Blend milk, egg and onion.
4. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix quickly to moisten the mixture and get a smooth batter.
5. Use a rounded teaspoon to drop the batter into the hot oil, in batches.
6. Fry the cornballs for about 2-3 minutes until evenly golden and crisp on the outside.
7. Remove and drain on paper toweling and continue to fry the next batch of corn fritters.
8. Enjoy the hushpuppies hot and crispy as an evening snack.