|Water||15 Tablespoon (1 1/4 Cups + 3 Tablespoons)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Saskatoons||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|9 inch pie shell||1 (Unbaked)|
|Lattice pastry shell||1 (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a saucepan, add water, sugar and lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Add in the saskatoon berries and cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes.
4) In a small bowl dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of water to form a fine paste.
5) Slowly pour thr cornstarch paste into the saskatoon juice. Cook till the liquid thickens, stirring in between.
6) Take the pan off the flame and pour into an unbaked 9" pie shell.
7) Layer the filling with store-bought lattice pastry strips.
8) Bake for about 10 minutes.
9) Turn down the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 35 minutes.
10) Allow to cool down.
11) Serve the saskatoon pie garnished with whipped cream, if desired.