|Active dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sifted|
|Eggs||4 Large, separated|
|Lukewarm milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||3 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, stir the yeast, 1/2 cup of the flour, and 2 cups milk.
2) Cover and let it rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
3) To this, add the remaining flour, egg yolks, warm milk, and salt. Blend well.
4) Beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
5) With a rubber spatula, fold them gently into the batter.
6) Let the mix rest covered in a warm place for about an hour, until doubled in bulk.
7) In a non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon butter over medium heat.
8) Into the hot skillet, spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per blini.
9) Cook until light golden brown, for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn and cook the other side until golden, for about 1 minute more.
10) Transfer to a plate and repeat the process with the rest of the batter. You can cook 3 blinis at a time, if space permits. Also, add more butter to the skillet as necessary.
11) Serve hot as a perfect snack for your cocktail party.
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.6 mg76.2%
Sodium 221.7 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 12% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet