|Chicken||1 Pound, frying|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), stewed|
|Currants||3 Tablespoon, dried|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), blanched|
1) Chop the pieces into serving pieces. Rinse the pieces and thoroughly dry them.
2) Use a mixture of salt, pepper and flour to coat the pieces well.
3) In a large skillet, heat the butter and cook the chicken till it is browned.
4) Take out the cooked chicken and add to the skillet, add the onion, green pepper, garlic, curry powder, thyme and stewed tomatoes.
5) Stir well to loosen the browned particles which are on the skillet’s bottom.
6) Put the chicken back in the skillet, cover it and cook gently and slowly for about 30 minutes or till the pieces have tendered.
7) Into the sauce, stir the currants and garnish with toasted almonds.
8) Serve chicken hot with the chutney and boiled rice.