|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rhubarb stalks||6 Large|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Medium, cut into 8 pieces|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Chop nuts to fine pieces in a food processor bowl fitted with a Knife Blade and empty to a small mixing bowl.
2) Slice rhubarb with a knife or in the food processor bowl and empty the bowl when the slices reach Fill Level.
3) Chop orange pieces and raisins in the processor bowl for about 15 seconds.
4) Take a heavy 6-quart pot and soak rhubarb in boiling water for 3 minutes in it.
5) Drain the excess water and then return the rhubarb back to the pot.
6) Stir in chopped orange pieces and raisins and sugar, vinegar and spices.
7) Thicken the mixture by cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 50 minutes.
8) Add in nuts.
9) Serve with poultry, lamb, ham or fish.
If refrigerated, the conserve can be kept for several weeks.
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 59.7 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 9% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet