Jicama Canadian Bacon Spread
|Canadian bacon||4 Ounce|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||3 , trimmed (5 Inch Long, Include Both Green And White Portions)|
|Nonfat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or Low Fat)|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Jicama||5 Ounce, peeled and coarsely chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place Canadian Bacon in the oven and bake for half an hour.
3. Allow to cool.
4. Chop bacon and keep aside.
5. Take a measuring cup or small custard cup.
6. Add chicken granules and vinegar and stir to dissolve chicken granules. Keep aside.
7. Using a food processor blender with metal blade, puree onion along with celery seed, cottage cheese, vinegar-bouillon mixture and pepper to a smooth mixture.
8. Transfer to a 1 quart bowl.
9. Add jicama and bacon to the bowl and stir well.
10. Cover and place in the refrigerator till served.
11. Serve with rye bread or crackers.