|Rhubarb||6 Cup (96 tbs), diced|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Canned)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Meats||1 Cup (16 tbs), broken|
1. Prepare the fruit.
2. Sterilize jelly jars.
3. In a large heavy bottomed pan or kettle, combine the fruit with the orange and lemon juice and rind, sugar and salt.
4. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring mixture to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves.
5. Reduce the flame and simmer the fruit for 4 hours stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and viscous and leaves a train when stirred.
6. Add the nut meats and cook for another 30 minutes.
7. Spoon the preserve while hot into sterilized jars.
8. Cover with waxed paper circles.
9. When cooled to room temperature, seal the jars.
10. Store jars in a cool dry place.
11. Serve as an accompaniment or use as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4446 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84 mg28%
Sodium 2117 mg88.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1050 g350.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.9%
Sugars 966.9 g
Protein 65 g130%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 470%
Calcium 83.8% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet