Onion Flavored Hush Puppies
|Corn meal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Oil for deep frying||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, chopped finely (Mild)|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl or a basin, combine corn meal, baking powder, salt, pepper and onion.
2. In another bowl or measuring jar, combine egg and oil. Whisk well with a wire whisk or fork.
3. Add the beaten egg and oil emulsion into the corn meal mixture.
4. Use a fork or your hand to bind together in to make dough.
5. Add milk if required to bind the ingredients.
6. Shape the dough into cylinders, balls or cones.
7. In a large skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil for deep frying.
8. Fry hush puppies until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
9. Remove on absorbent paper to drain.
10. Serve hot and crispy with fish fingers.