Onion Flavored Hush Puppies
|Corn meal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Oil for deep frying||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, chopped finely (Mild)|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl or a basin, combine corn meal, baking powder, salt, pepper and onion.
2. In another bowl or measuring jar, combine egg and oil. Whisk well with a wire whisk or fork.
3. Add the beaten egg and oil emulsion into the corn meal mixture.
4. Use a fork or your hand to bind together in to make dough.
5. Add milk if required to bind the ingredients.
6. Shape the dough into cylinders, balls or cones.
7. In a large skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil for deep frying.
8. Fry hush puppies until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
9. Remove on absorbent paper to drain.
10. Serve hot and crispy with fish fingers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4298 Calories from Fat 1776
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g304.7%
Saturated Fat 45.8 g229.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351.7 mg117.2%
Sodium 2766.4 mg115.3%
Total Carbohydrates 572 g190.8%
Dietary Fiber 40.1 g160.2%
Sugars 166.9 g
Protein 65 g130.1%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 109.2% Iron 102.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet