Canadian Mushroom Sandwiches
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Chopped bacon||1 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Ounce, drained (1 jar)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked pork loin||1 Pound, sliced (18 slices)|
|Canadian style bacon||1 , cut 1/8 inch thick|
|Swiss cheese slice||6 Ounce (6 slices, 1 ounce each)|
|Green pepper rings||6 (thin)|
1. Split rolls; if desired, reserve tops to accompany open-faced sandwiches. Spread roll bottoms with butter.
2. Combine bacon, onion, mushrooms and parsley in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Cook uncovered in microwave oven about 2 minutes at HIGH, or until onion is tender; stir once.
3. Arrange 3 slices Canadian bacon on each buttered roll and top with mushroom mixture and 1 slice cheese. Place 1 green pepper ring on each cheese slice; sprinkle paprika inside ring.
4. Place sandwiches on paper towels or roast rack. Heat uncovered in microwave oven 4 to 6 minutes at BAKE, or until cheese is bubbly and meat is hot.
5. If using roll tops, heat uncovered in microwave oven 45 seconds at BAKE.
6. Serve sandwiches garnished with a cherry tomato and a pimento-stuffed olive on each skewer.