|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Mixed candied fruits||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Canned sliced almonds||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||3 Ounce (Three 1 Ounce Squares)|
1. Melt the 1/3 cup butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan; remove from heat; stir in honey, sugar and milk.
2. Add flour, candied fruits and almonds; stir until well blended.
3. Return saucepan to very low heat. Cook, stirring contantly, until mixture begins to thicken. (This will only take 2 minutes.) Remove saucepan from heat.
4. Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto well greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake in slow oven (325°) 12 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Cool slightly on cookie sheets, then remove carefully with a pancake turner to wire racks; cool completely.
6. Melt chocolate squares and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a metal cup over simmering water. Spread the bottom of half the cookies with chocolate and top each with a second cookie. Allow chocolate to become firm before storing between layers of wax paper or transparent wrap in metal container.