|Frozen bread dough||1 Pound|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Frozen chopped spinach package||1|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) As per the directions on the package, allow the bread to rise.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
3) Use cooking spray to coat a non-stick skillet.
4) Place the skillet over moderate heat and add the onion, red pepper and mushrooms.
5) Saute the vegetables till they are tender.
6) Take the skillet off the heat.
7) Drain the spinach and squeeze the leafs in order to take out the excess moisture.
8) Combine together the cheeses, Italian seasoning and spinach and mix well.
9) Add the sauted vegetables. Blend well.
10) Punch down the bread dough and divide it into 4 equal parts.
11) Shape each part into a circle of about 8-inches.
12) Onto ½ of each circle, spoon 2/3rd cup of the cheese-vegetable mixture. Leave a border of about ½-inch.
13) Use water to dampen the edges of the circle.
14) Over the filling, fold the plain ½ of each circle. Seal by crimping the edges.
15) On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, place the calzones.
16) Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or till golden brown.
17) Arrange the calzones on a serving platter or individual plates and serve hot.
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.2 mg15.4%
Sodium 1336.4 mg55.7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.8%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 64.5%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet