Spinach Artichoke Calzones
|Ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Low-Moisture Part-Skim)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated (Or A Few Pinches Ground)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste, a few grinds freshly ground|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (A Couple Handfuls)|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, frozen chopped, defrosted, and squeezed dry (1 Package)|
|Canned artichoke hearts||15 Ounce, quartered in water, drained and coarsely chopped (1 Can)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Pizza dough||20 Ounce, 2 tubes prepared, refrigerated|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (Available In Pouches On Dairy Aisle)|
|Marinara sauce/Pizza sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs), warmed (For Dipping)|
1) Preheat oven to 425Â°F.
2) In a bowl, add first 7 ingredients to prepare the filling.
3) Roll two tubes of pizza dough on 2 separate nonstick cookie sheets.
4) Halve the dough.
5) Spread 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 of filling on each rectangle.
6) Just work on half of the surface of each rectangle of dough.
7) Fold the dough over top of filling and pinch the edges to seal firmly.
8) Mound filling into a half-moon shape, fold dough over top, and trim edges following the rounded shape.
9) Seal the sides by pinching with fingers.
10) In case of tear take a little of filling and repair.
11) Repeat the process and arrange calzones on baking sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
12) Serve warm.
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g75.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg27.5%
Sodium 1060.9 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 103% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 58% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet