Angel lush is a cake which is very sweet and has light and airy texture like angel cake and angel food cake. This dessert tastes very good with fresh fruits such as strawberry and pineapple.
Ingredients and Preparation
The main ingredients used for the preparation of angel lush are - all purpose wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, oil, eggs, and flavors or fresh fruits like strawberry and pineapple. A number of delicious variations can be made with raisins, nuts, and fresh fruits.
Health and Nutrition Facts
Serving size – 1 serving (1/9 of whole dish)
Approximate values per serving (Calories - 148 cal, Fat – 1.4 g, Carbohydrates – 30 g, Protein –2 g, Saturated fat – 1.3 g, Cholesterol – 0 mg, Sodium – 297 mg, Potassium – 107 mg, sugars – 17 g)
Nutritional Benefits of Angel lush are
1. Zero cholesterol
2. Contains Calcium, phosphorus and Iron
3. Contains essential vitamins such as B6 and B12
1. Eggs contain Calcium which is required for the healthy bones and teeth.
2. Nuts contain Iron, essential vitamins and minerals. Iron helps in the formation of hemoglobin which in turn aids in transport of oxygen in body.
3. Angel lush is high in phosphorus which works together with calcium for building and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Phosphorus also helps in filtering waste from kidneys and maintains a balance of other vital minerals such as zinc and magnesium.
4. This dessert contains Vitamin B12 which helps in lowering risk of heart diseases.
Disadvantage: Angel lush are- i) High in saturated Fat, ii) High in Sodium, iii) High in Sugars
1. It is high in sodium hence can create risk for the people already suffering from hypertension.
2. Fatty, obese and diabetic people should avoid it as it is high in saturated fats and sugars
1. Low sodium baking powder and less salt can be used in the recipe to reduce the sodium content.
2. Fruits like banana, pineapple and strawberries are naturally sweet so they are good alternatives for the sugar (sucrose).
3. People with diabetes may also replace the sugar with artificial sweetners.