This cherry cheese coffee cake is a hearty dessert which can be prepared in nearly no time. It is a medley of cherry pie filling, cream cheese and pillsbury crescent rolls. Watch out the video below and give it a try!
Pillsbury crescent roll
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Cherry pie filling can
1 Can (10 oz)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degree F.
2. On a baking sheet, roll out crescent rolls in a rectangle.
3. Cut 1 inch strips all the way down both sides of the dough, leaving about 6 inches in the middle.
4. In a small cup, stir together powdered sugar and milk, for drizzle and set aside.
5. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and sugar and spread in the centre of the dough.
6. Spoon the Cherry Pie Filling in the centre of the cheese mixture using a fork and spread it leaving 1/4” edge.
7. Fold the crescent rolls as in the video or braid it.
8. In a cup, mix egg white and 1 teaspoon of sugar and brush on top of crescent rolls.
9. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until light brown on top.
10. Allow the coffee cake to cool and drizzle with the powdered sugar mixture.
See this fantastic video that demonstrates a recipe for cream cheese cherry coffee cake. This is a hearty and delicious dessert which can be easily prepared with packaged cherry pie filling, cream cheese and crescent rolls. Watch out the video and give it a try!