Rice cake dumpling soup is a Korean appetizer that tastes really good, but takes time in preparation. However, if you are feeling really lazy or have no time, you can just crack an egg into the soup at the end instead of cooking the garnish. It would taste different but it still works well...
6 Cup (96 tbs)
Chicken dumplings/Beef / vegetarian
1 (Unsalted One - Ones That You Use For Sushi, But Salted One Works Too - Just Make Sure To Season Accordingly)
2⁄3 Tablespoon (Taste It And Season)
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites into separate bowls.
2. Beat and season.
3. Pre-heat a non stick pan on med-high heat
4. Add vegetable oil and spread beaten egg yolks thin in the pan.
5. when it's fully cooked, remove it from the pan onto the cutting board.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 for egg whites.
7. Let it cool and cut it into thin strips.
1. Cut into strips with clean scissors or a knife.
1. Soak rice cake in cold water for 30 min to 60 min. (could do without this step but it's nice to)
2. Place anchovies in a net (strainer) and put it in the pot of water.
3. Bring water to boil and keep boiling for 10 minutes.
4. Remove anchovies.
5. Add rice cake and dumplings.
6. Add garlic and green onions.
7. Season with salt and pepper
8. Serve in a bowl and place Garnish on top.
For more information please visit: http://www.crazykoreancooking.com
You can visit crazykoreancooking for more videos like this. We have more recipes and videos there.