Here is a super easy and quick snackin' cake recipe with bananas and chocolate chips. It's perfect for the lunch box or after-school treat. It makes a nice big pan of cake so you can easily have some today and freeze the rest for anytime! Enjoy!
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), mashed
All purpose flour
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with sugar and beat with an electric mixer until the sugar is well incorporated.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat them until well incorporated at high speed.
4. Stir in the banana and beat well. Stir in the vanilla extract and continue beating.
5. In another bowl, add and combine together the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Stir in about 1/3 cup of the dry ingredients with 1/2 cup of milk into the wet ingredients and beat well.
7. Stir in the remaining buttermilk and 1/3 of the flour and beat well. Finally incorporate the last cup of flour and beat until well combined.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix until just combined with a spatula.
9. Take a 9 x 13 inch greased baking pan, pour the above batter evenly into the pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Once done, let the cake cool completely before serving.
10. Serve the banana chocolate chip snack cake cut into desired slices.