Homemade Two Layer Chocolate Cake
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the frosting|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixer, add sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend the ingredients at low speed until well combined.
3. Stir in the eggs, cocoa powder, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Blend for about 1 minute until well combined.
4. Stir in the water and beat the mixture for another 2 minutes until smooth and combined.
5. Take two 9 inch greased cake pans and pour the cake batter evenly into the pans. Bake them in the preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Once done, let the cakes cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
6. After 10 minutes, remove the cakes and let them cool completely on the rack before applying any frosting.
7. For the frosting: In a bowl, add and combine butter with cocoa powder. Blend until well combined.
8. Stir in the vanilla extract, powdered sugar and milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
9. Once the cake is cooled, apply the frosting over and at the sides of each cake. Stack them over one another and apply the frosting evenly.
10. Serve the two layered chocolate cake in desired slices.