Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|For the topping|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pineapple rings||9 Medium, sliced|
|Maraschino cherries||6 Small|
|For the cake|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take 9 x 13 inch baking pan, add butter and brown sugar. Place the baking try in the oven while the batter is getting ready, so the butter and sugar melt.
3. In an electric mixer, add butter and sugar. Cream them until nice and fluffy.
4. Stir the eggs one at a time and continue beating after each addition.
5. Add vanilla extract and beat until nice and fluffy.
6. In a bowl, add and combine flour with baking powder and add it to the wet ingredients alternating it with milk.
7. Take the baking tray from the oven and mix the melted sugar and butter well. Make sure it is spread evenly in the baking tray. Place the pineapple slices onto the butter-sugar mixture and place the maraschino cherries in the center of the pineapple rings.
8. Evenly spread the cake batter over the pineapple rings and bake it in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Loosen the edges and turn the warm cake over and let it cool completely before slicing it.
10. Serve a slice of this upside down pineapple cake on a dessert plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144 mg48%
Sodium 203.8 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 62.5 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet