Best Chocolate Cake
|All purpose flour/Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 (0.5 Cup 16 Tablespoon)|
|Melted unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce (Cool)|
|Fluffy white frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease and dust a baking pan, 13x9x2 inches, or two 9 inch or three 8 inch round layer pans.
2. Measure all ingredients except frosting into large mixer bowl.
3. Mix on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 1/2 minute.
4. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
5. Pour into pan(s).
6. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 Funtil wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, oblong 40 to 45 minutes, layers 30 to 35 minutes.
8. Frost cake with frosting.
9. Place cake in cake box.
10. Wrap box, label, and freeze.
11. (Frosting will remain soft.) 2 hours before serving, remove Best Chocolate Cake from freezer.
12. Thaw in box at room temperature 1 hour.
13. Remove cake from box; thaw uncovered 1 hour (Or, after the first hour of thawing, cut cake into serving pieces. Place on serving plate and thaw 30 minutes.)