Korean Spicy fish cake
|Fish cakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Green chili pepper||1|
|Hot pepper paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup/1 tablespoon sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut fish cakes into 2 cups worth of bite sized pieces.
2. Slice half an onion (1/4 cup), mince 2 cloves of garlic, chop up 1 green onion and a green chili pepper. Set them aside on your cutting board or a plate.
3. Add 1 tbs of vegetable oil to a heated pan.
4. Add fish cakes to the pan and stir them for a few minutes until they look golden brown.
5. Add the sliced onion, minced garlic, and chopped green chili pepper to the pan. Stir them with the fish cakes for a minute.
6. Add 2 tbs hot pepper paste and 1 -2 tbs of corn syrup (”mulyeot” in Korean).
*tip: hot pepper paste is easily burned, so lift the pan up and down to control the heat after you add the hot pepper paste.
7. Turn off the heat and add 1 ts of sesame oil, 2 ts of roasted sesame seeds and 1 chopped green onion.
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg13.6%
Sodium 788.1 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 7% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet