Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
|Canned pineapple slices||450 Gram|
|Golden syrup||4 Tablespoon|
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Victoria sponge cake||1|
|Glace cherries||1 Tablespoon|
1. While preparing the cake mixture, add the pineapple essence instead of vanilla essence.
2. Grease and dust a 200 mm. (8") square tin.
3. Arrange the pineapple slices, cherries and walnuts decoratively in the prepared tin. Pour the golden syrup over the pineapple slices and cover the base of the tin.
4. Spoon the cake mixture into the tin. Spread properly with the help of a spoon. Then make a depression in the centre.
5. Bake in a hot oven at 400Â°F. for 25 minutes. Cool a little. Loosen the sides of the cake with a knife and turn the cake upside-down.
6. Mix pineapple syrup (from the can) and the cornflour. Go on cooking and stirring until the syrup gets slightly thick. Remove from the heat and cool.
Serve the hot pudding with the above glaze or with sweetened fresh cream.
Variation: Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (Eggless). Proceed as for pineapple upside-down cake but use the batter for eggless sponge cake, page 147, instead of for Victoria sponge cake.