Sponge Cake (Eggless)
|Canned condensed milk||400 Gram, 400 grams for full can|
|Self raising flour||140 Gram, 5 oz|
|Melted butter/Margarine||60 Milliliter, 2 fluid ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bi carb||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together.
2. Mix all the ingredients together, add 75 ml. (2 1/2 fI- oz.) water and beat well.
3. Grease and dust a 150 mm. (6") diameter tin.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
5. Put to bake in a hot oven at 400Â°F. for 10 minutes. Thereafter, reduce the temperature to 300 Â°F. and bake for a further 10 minutes.
Cool, cut into slices and serve
Note: You can bake the cake in small paper cups and add a few chopped cherries to the mixture, or you can decorate it like chocolate cake. You can also make sandwiches as for Victoria sponge cake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2226 Calories from Fat 745
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.5%
Saturated Fat 53 g264.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265 mg88.3%
Sodium 3214 mg133.9%
Total Carbohydrates 323 g107.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 218.6 g
Protein 46 g92%
Vitamin A 51.3% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 184.5% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet