Adonis cake is dark. Moist. Delectable! Get out your pen & paper. Audience member, Cara Hunter, forced my hand in making the Adonis cake from the book, My Beef With Meat. I did make a few adjustments to the recipe. Check it out.
Dry ingredients for the cake batter
Whole wheat flour
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Evaporated cane juice/Pure maple syrup
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
Wet ingredients for the cake batter
Unsweetened apple sauce
White vinegar/Apple cider vinegar
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
For the frosting
Dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted (Place in the microwave oven at 70% power for 1.5 minutes to melt)
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Tablespoon (For added sweetness) (Optional)
For greasing the cake pan
2 Drop (For greasing) (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease your cake pan, if desired with a little oil and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. Add in the wet ingredients and whisk into a smooth batter.
4. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, into a blender add the silken tofu, dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Add chia seeds and blend again, to get a thicker consistency. Then, refrigerate for about 30 minutes to thicken.
6. If you want the frosting sweeter, you may add maple syrup and mix before you spread the frosting over the cake.
7. Spread the frosting over the cake, cover and refrigerate for a while before you serve it.