Adonis Cake from My Beef with Meat
|Dry ingredients for the cake batter|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated cane juice/Pure maple syrup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Wet ingredients for the cake batter|
|Unsweetened apple sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar/Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the frosting|
|Silken tofu||12 Ounce|
|Dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted (Place in the microwave oven at 70% power for 1.5 minutes to melt)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Chia seeds||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon (For added sweetness) (Optional)|
|For greasing the cake pan|
|Vegetable oil||2 Drop (For greasing) (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease your cake pan, if desired with a little oil and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
3. Add in the wet ingredients and whisk into a smooth batter.
4. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, into a blender add the silken tofu, dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Add chia seeds and blend again, to get a thicker consistency. Then, refrigerate for about 30 minutes to thicken.
6. If you want the frosting sweeter, you may add maple syrup and mix before you spread the frosting over the cake.
7. Spread the frosting over the cake, cover and refrigerate for a while before you serve it.
8. Cut into slices and serve.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 178 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.1% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet