Peach Torte - Betty's Kitchen Fare - How to Make
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Ripe peaches||2 , peeled and sliced|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
3. Add in the flour, almond flour, baking powder, eggs, and salt and beat to mix well.
4. Place the cake mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Arrange peaches over the top and sprinkle almonds, followed by caster sugar.
6. Bake in oven for 30 – 40 minutes, until the center tests done with a toothpick.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes over a cooling rack.
8. Slice the cake and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This cake can be made with Italian plums cut in half or regular plums cut in quarters omitting the sliced almonds and substituting a teaspoon of cinnamon. Canned apricots very well drained also work as do canned pears.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.1 mg37%
Sodium 134.4 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet