7 Up Lemon Cake
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks)|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||3 Teaspoon|
|7 up||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Directions for preparing the cake:
• Preheat oven to 325F.
• Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 25 minutes.
• Add the eggs, flour, lemon extract, and 7 Up; mix well.
• Spoon mixture into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray.
• Bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until cake tests done when a wooden toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
• Add frosting, if desired.
Directions for preparing the lemon frosting:
• Combine the butter, lemon juice, vanilla, and confectioner's sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
• Add more confectioner's sugar, or lemon juice to adjust the consistency as needed.
Enjoy this very unique and refreshing piece of bakery!
For more information please visit:http:/bakeittilyoumakeit.com