7 Up Lemon Cake
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks)|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||3 Teaspoon|
|7 up||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Directions for preparing the cake:
• Preheat oven to 325F.
• Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 25 minutes.
• Add the eggs, flour, lemon extract, and 7 Up; mix well.
• Spoon mixture into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray.
• Bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until cake tests done when a wooden toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
• Add frosting, if desired.
Directions for preparing the lemon frosting:
• Combine the butter, lemon juice, vanilla, and confectioner's sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
• Add more confectioner's sugar, or lemon juice to adjust the consistency as needed.
Enjoy this very unique and refreshing piece of bakery!
For more information please visit:http:/bakeittilyoumakeit.com
Calories 2342 Calories from Fat 886
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155%
Saturated Fat 60.6 g302.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 559.1 mg186.4%
Sodium 137.1 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 347 g115.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 270.4 g
Protein 20 g40.5%
Vitamin A 63.6% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet