In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make an Exquisite White Sheet Cake.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Cup (16 tbs), softened
2 Cup (32 tbs)
All purpose flour
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Cooking oil spray
1. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch Pyrex dish or baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a small bowl, mix together milk and vanilla. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until light and fluffy.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, combine baking powder, and all-purpose flour. Mix well.
6. Drop flour mixture into the bowl with butter mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
7. In a separate bowl beat egg whites at medium speed, until stiff peaks form.
8. Gently add beaten egg whites into batter and fold to combine.
9. Into the baking dish, transfer the batter and spread evenly.
10. Pop it in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick when inserted at the deepest part comes out clean.
11. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
12. Spread frosting, cut into slices and serve cake immediately.