Red Velvet Cake Roll
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||1 Ounce|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Confectioner sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||4 Dash|
|Confectioner sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350° F. Grease a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan with cooking spray and line with wax paper. Again grease the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium – large bowl add in cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Whisk together and set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes.
4. Gradually add in the sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon colored.
5. Beat in the food coloring, buttermilk, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
6. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
7. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
8. Take out the cake and cool for 5 minutes.
9. Invert onto a kitchen lint-free towel, dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper from the cake.
10. Roll up the cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with the shorter side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
11. For Filling – In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with hand mixer until smooth.
12. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
13. Unroll the cake; spread filling over cake to with 1/2 " of edges. Roll up again.
14. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
15. Serve Red Velvet Cake Roll with hot chocolate.
Jelly Roll Pan