Angel Food Cake
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Espresso powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Dark chocolate sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||3 , sliced (as needed)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, espresso powder, and salt. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl beat eggs whites until foamy on top.
4. Gradually add sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until soft peaks form.
5. Whisk constantly and add flour mixture into the bowl with egg.
6. Throw chocolate and fold to combine.
7. Into an ungreased baking pan, transfer the mixture. With a knife remove air bubbles, if any from the batter.
8. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.
9. Cut into slices and serve angel food cake with dark chocolate sauce, strawberry and powdered sugar garnish.
Do not use a plastic bowl to beat egg as they retain oil. Make sure that the bowl is dry. Dry bowl help egg whites to maintain its perfect texture.
Cool the cake upside down so that it smoothly comes out of the pan.
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3%
Sodium 407.9 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 76 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet