According to an Italian common saying, when it's Carnival time every prank goes... so, prepare with Sonia this soft and joyful multi-color cake, which will make both adults and kids gasp in amazement!
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Red food coloring
Blue food coloring
Yellow food color
1. In large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar and the vanilla powder, using a hand blender blend all the ingredients until you get soft, foamy mixture.
2. Now add the eggs one at a time followed by the milk, once done add the grated zest of an orange and a lemon followed by the sifted flour, potato starch and baking powder.
3. Divide the batter into 4 equal parts, using 4 different bowls; add the food coloring to 3 of the portioned batter and the fourth part can be left natural.
4. Prepare grease butter and flour a 7-inch mould and preheat the oven at 350°F.
5. Start by putting spoonful of mixture in the centre of the mould followed by the colored mixture, by dropping one spoonful at a time onto the previous one until you've run out of ingredients.
6. Bake the cake in a preheated oven for about 50-60, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and edible glitters.
7. Serve the wonderful multi colored cake along with tea or coffee.
You can use a tall cake mould which allows the cake to rise vertically and when you slice it you'll see all the colors inside.
Hi all of you friends, if you're looking for a Carnival sweet but you don't want anything fried, I've the right idea for you: the multi-color cake. It's a soft and colorful cake, that will leave your kids astounded, suitable for breakfast or as a snack.