|For sponge cake|
|Pastry flour||90 Gram (or cake flour)|
|Unsalted butter||15 Gram|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Kirsch||1 Tablespoon (a type of brandy made from fermented cherries)|
|Whipping cream||400 Milliliter (with 35% fat)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Pinch (for sprinkling)|
1. Preheat the oven to 320 degrees.
2. Line the bottom and side of the cake pan with parchment paper.
3. Select 8 strawberries and remove the stems. Cut the remaining strawberries into half inch slices.
4. Take a large mixing bowl and add the egg.
5. Beat the eggs with an electric mixer.
6. Add sugar to the egg mixture and beat for another 40 seconds.
7. Dip the mixing bowl in hot water and beat the egg on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add milk to the unsalted butter and warm it up in the hot water.
9. Continue to beat the egg on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add the sieved pastry flour into the egg mixture and gently work the mixture.
11. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix them thoroughly.
12. Pour the batter into the cake pan and place the pan in a preheated oven at 320 degrees F/ 160 degrees Celsius.
13. Bake the cake for 23 minutes.
14. Remove the cake from the oven and allow cooling on a cooling rack.
15. Meanwhile prepare the soaking syrup. For this, dissolve the sugar in hot water and cool it down.
16. For the whipped cream, add sugar to the whipping cream.
17. Place the bowl in ice water and whip the cream.
18. Place the cake on a turn table and score a line along the side while rotating the cake turn table.
19. Slice the cake horizontally along the line.
20. Place the upper surface of the cake on the cooling rack while the cutting surface facing up.
21. Add kirsch to cherry brandy to make syrup.
22. Brush the cake surfaces with this syrup.
23. Drop the whipped cream on the bottom layer of the cake.
24. Spread the cream evenly with a spatula.
25. Cover the cream layer with the sliced strawberries before topping them again with cream
26. Place the upper surface of the cake on the top with the syrup soaked side facing down.
27. Apply the syrup over the top of the sponge cake and frost with the whipped cream on the top.
28. Spread the cream evenly while rotating the turn table.
29. For decorating the cake, fill the pastry bag with whipped cream.
30. Remove the air from the bag by squeezing it little.
31. Decorate the cake with whipped cream pattern (as shown in video).
32. Place the strawberries on the top of the cake and sprinkle the powdered sugar.
33. Place the Christmas ornaments on the top of the cake.
34. Slice the cake into pieces and serve them on a decorative serving plate.
Pastry flour can be substituted with cake flour.
Calories 502 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.6 mg68.9%
Sodium 56.4 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 37.2 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 73.5%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet