Glazing Your Rum Cake
|Cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (approx 1 golden vanilla cake mix)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant vanilla pudding pack||5 1⁄10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the glaze|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raw sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease a bunt cake pan and dust some whole wheat flour in the pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, vegetable oil, cold water, rum and instant vanilla pudding. Mix well until combined.
4. Add in the instant vanilla pudding and mix well.
5. Pour this batter into the bundt pan and bake it in the oven for 1 hour.
6. Once done, remove the pan and let it cool completely on rack for 10 minutes. After cooling, remove the cake from the pan and set aside, while the glaze is getting prepared.
7. For the glaze: In a pot over medium high, melt the butter. Once melted, pour in the water, raw sugar. Mix well and bring it to a rolling boil.
8. Once the glaze has boiled, remove from heat and set aside to cool, before pouring in the rum.
9. Once the glaze has cooled, pour in the rum and mix well. Before glazing the cake, take a fork and make holes on the surface of the cake for the glaze to get absorbed better.
10. Pour the glaze slowly over the cake and once done, refrigerate it overnight before serving.
11. Slice the rum cake into desired pieces and serve.
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg25.3%
Sodium 497.7 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 46 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.1% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet