Halloween Frankenstein Matcha Green Tea Pound Cake
|Unsalted butter||100 Gram (room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||80 Gram|
|Eggs||2 (room temperature)|
|Soymilk/Whole milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cake flour||120 Gram|
|Matcha green tea powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
2. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. Sift the cake flour, matcha green tea powder and baking powder together.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter with a wire whisk.
5. Add 80g (2.8oz.) granulated sugar little by little and mix well.
6. Separate egg whites and egg yolks. Add the egg yolks one by one and mix well.
7. Add soymilk and mix well.
8. For the meringue: In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar 1/3 at a time, then continue to whip until stiff glossy peaks form when you lift the beaters.
9. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the butter mixture, and blend well with a spatula.
10. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients with a spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue and fold in gently but thoroughly.
11. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter. Use the spatula to cut an incision lengthwise down middle of cake to prevent unwanted cracks on the surface.
12. Bake at 180C (350F) for 15 minutes. Then turn down to 160C (320F) and bake for 35-40 minutes. 9. Cover the cake with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too much. Insert a stick into the cake to check whether it is baked or not.
13. Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool.
14. Slice the pound cake. Set a chocolate pen in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Cut the tip of the chocolate pen and draw Frankenstein faces on pound cake slices.
15. Serve the slices right away or later.
When the cake is completely cool, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. It will last wrapped this way for few days (in the fridge).
You can also wrap each slices of pound cake individually with a plastic wrap.