|For the dry ingredients|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Liquid honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the coffee mixture|
|Instant coffee granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Medium, grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 10 inch tube pan. Keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in warm water and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the cake. Set aside.
5. In an electric mixer, add liquid honey, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and beat well until light and fluffy.
6. Take the bowl with the dissolved coffee mixture and add baking soda, orange juice and whisk well until the soda is dissolved nicely. Set aside.
7. Alternate between the dry and the coffee mixture by stirring in 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/2 of the coffee mixture into the egg mixture and beat well for a few seconds.
8. Add 1/3 of the flour and the rest of the coffee mixture again and beat for 10 seconds. Add the rest of the flour mixture with the orange rind and beat until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
9. Take the greased tube pan, pour this batter into it and spread evenly. Bake this in the oven at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before sliding it out from the tube pan onto a rack to cool completely. Frost the honey cake as desired.
11. Slice the honey cake into desired pieces and serve.