Victoria Paikin pleased to present this video about Upside Down Orange Cake. It is easy to make and is a special treat.
For candied oranges
2 , thinly sliced, pitted
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
All pupose flour
2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sifted
250 Gram, melted
1 , quartered, pitted
3 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Grease and line a 10.5 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. For candied oranges, place a pot on medium heat, add water and sugar in it. Stir and cook until sugar dissolves.
4. Bring it to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the syrup becomes thick.
5. Drop orange slices in hot syrup. Stir, and cook for 15 minutes or until orange slices become soft and shiny.
6. Remove orange slices from pot and line it in springform pan, overlapping each other as shown in the video. Set it aside.
7. For cake, in food processor, add orange, egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Blend until light and fluffy.
8. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and sugar. Mix well.
9. Pour egg mixture into the bowl with flour. Mix to combine. Do not over mix.
10. Pour batter over candied oranges in springform pan. Spread evenly.
11. Pop it in oven, and bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick when inserted in the middle comes out clean.
12. Remove the cake from oven and let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
13. Run knife on the edge of cake, while it is still warm and turn it on a plate. Remove parchment paper.
14. Cut into slices and serve orange cake immediately.