Pumpkin Cake Roll with Candied Pecans
|Egg||3 (For the batter)|
|Pumpkin||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), pureed (For the batter)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the batter)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For the batter)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the batter)|
|Cardamom powder||2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (For the batter)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (For the batter)|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the batter)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (For the filling)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the filling)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), powdered (For the filling)|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon (For the filling)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (For the filling)|
|Vanilla essece||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the filling)|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop (For the candy pecan)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Leveled) (For the candy pecan)|
1. Take a 15x10 inch cookie tray and line with parchment paper greased with melted butter and dusted with flour. Also preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl put egg, pumpkin puree and sugar blend all the ingredients for 2-3 minute make sure the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour followed by the baking powder, cinnamon powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
4. Mix all the ingredients for a further 1 minute to get a batter consistency.
5. Once done pour the batter onto the baking trays that was prepared ensure you spread the batter evenly on the tray and bake it for 15 minute at 350 degree F.
6. In the meantime take a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients for the filling and whip the mixture till you form a peak consistency and keep it aside.
7. In a frying pan add the chopped pecan and the sugar and cook it over medium flame for 3 minute make sure that the sugar is melted and the pecan is coated with melted sugar keep it aside to cool.
8. Once the pumpkin roll is done remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minute.
9. Place a kitchen cloth on the table top and dust it with powdered sugar once done place the pumpkin roll over it and roll it once done keep it to cool for 1 hour.
10. Open the rolled pumpkin roll take the cream cheese filling and spread it over the pumpkin roll evenly leaving about 1/2 inch from the edges.
11. Save about 1/4 cup of the filling for the garnish.
12. Next evenly spread the candied pecan over the roll keeping around ¼ cup for garnish towards the end.
13. Roll the entire pumpkin roll and place it on a serving tray.
14. Garnish the top with the remaining cream cheese top with the candied pecan and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
15. You can chill this overnight or for 1 hour before serving.
16. Cut the pumpkin roll into round slices and serve cold.