Lite Lemon Loaf Cake
|Low fat greek yogurt||7 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Gluten free bisquick||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black berry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with gluten free nonstick spray.
3. Grate the lemon zest into the sugar and stir to combine.
4. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add the lemon juice and vanilla.
5. To make the batter, beat the butter and yogurt together until smooth.
6. Add in the sugar and lemon zest mixture, beat for 2 minutes.
7. Pour in the vanilla, lemon juice and eggs one at a time.
8. Add in half of the Bisquick and beat until it’s well combined.
9. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the other half of the Bisquick.
10. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out on top.
11. Bake the cake in preheated oven for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
12. Take out the cake from the oven, cool it for 15 minutes.
13. Slice the cake and serve with strawberries, ice cream and black berries. You can use any fruit of your choice.
If you’re not following a gluten free diet you can use 2 cups of flour with 1 ½ tsp. baking powder in place of the gluten free Bisquick. This cake has a mild lemon flavor. For a more intense lemon flavor you can substitute 2 teaspoons of lemon extract in place of the fresh lemon juice. To make a lemon glaze combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with one cup of confectioner’s sugar and stir until smooth. Then pour the glaze over the cooled cake.
Calories 1273 Calories from Fat 497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.6%
Saturated Fat 34.1 g170.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 307.4 mg102.5%
Sodium 1154.4 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 113.9 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 39.7% Vitamin C 70.5%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet