1. Grease 4 ramekins with butter and add parchment paper to the bottom.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Set up a double boiler and add the chocolate and butter to melt.
4. Next, cool the chocolate mix in a waterbath.
5. In a saucepot, add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and mix.
6. Add the milk and sugar mix into the chocolate and mix.
7. In a bowl, add 6 eggs.
8. Add the chocolate mix into the bowl of eggs bit by bit and whisk.
9. Add the chocolate mix into the greased ramekins.
10. Pop the ramekins into the oven for 30 minutes.
11. For the Slurry: In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar, corn starch, water and orange juice and whisk together.
12. Heat a pan and pour the mix into it and bring to boil.
13. Add the cherries and orange zest and stir.
14. Add the brandy and work it into the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
15. Remove the ramekins, let them cool and demold the chocolate cake.
16. Add a scoop of gelato on top of the chocolate cake.
17. Add the orange and cherry sauce on top.
18. Garnish with a cherry and serve as dessert.
This video is in 2 parts. This is Part 2. Watch Part 1 along with Part 2 for the full recipe.
In this multi-series video recipe you will find Chef Nick Stellino on the set of his new PBS television series - Nick Stellino Cooking with Friends. In this episode, Chef Elise Wiggins from Denver's Panzano Restaurant joins Nick to make Chocolate and Cherry Cake.