|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Honey||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided (1 1/4 cup for cake+1/2 cup for brushing over top)|
|Orange extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||3 2⁄3 Cup (58.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Strongly brewed coffee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisin||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2. Soak raisins in little water to plump them. Set aside.
3. Line tube pan with parchment paper as shown in the video. Keep it aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
5. Put cinnamon, ginger and cloves in it. Mix well. Set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine honey, sugar, canola oil, egg, orange juice, orange extract, and whiskey. Combine on low speed. Then turn the speed of your mixer to medium, and blend it for about 2 minutes.
7. Sprinkle little flour on the moist raisins to prevent it from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
8. Add dry ingredient mix, and coffee alternatively in the mixer, a little at a time. Blend just to combine every time you add.
9. Scrape off the sides and bottom. Blend for 1 minute on medium speed.
10. Throw raisins in batter, and mix it well.
11. In the tube pan, pour the batter. Place it in the oven and bake for about 55 minutes, or until your cake springs back when gently touched.
12. Remove the pan from oven, and place it on a wire rack to cool.
13. With a knife, scrape around the edge, and centre of the pan to loosen the cake.
14. Press the bottom, and slowly lift the cake. With knife loosen the cake base.
15. Slowly spin the cake out, and place it on a plate. Make slits on top with knife.
16. With a brush, apply honey on the top of the cake.
17. Cut into slices and serve honey cake.
If you don’t soak the raisins in water, it will absorb all the liquid and your cake will be dry.
You can either make one cake in a 10-inch tube pan, or 2 cakes in 7-inch tube pan.
You can also use loaf pan to make the cake.
Be careful while scraping, do it near the metal.
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 232.5 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 44.2 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet