This light and fluffy cake by Emily Richards has a fresh lemon twist and is a perfect way to celebrate spring! A light mint cream served with it makes for a refreshing serving idea.
120 Milliliter (2/3 cup)
Cake and pastry flour
2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Tablespoon, grated
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Take a 9-inch round cake pan, grease with butter, and line parchment paper in it.
3. In a large bowl combine egg, half milk reserving the other half, and vanilla. Whisk them together.
4. In another bowl add sifted flour, baking powder, lemon rind, and salt. Insert butter and remaining reserved milk in it.
5. With an electric mixer, blend it for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy.
6. Pour egg mixture in 3 additions, beating and scraping down side of bowl every time.
7. Pour batter in cake pan, and place it in oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Run knife around the edge, invert it on a wire rack, remove parchment paper, and allow it to cool.
9. Serve zingy lemon cake with a light mint cream.
Blend flour at medium speed.
You cake is perfectly baked when tester inserted in the center comes out clean.