Sunburst Apple Cake
|Apples||3 Pound (about 4 large)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 stick of butter)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cane sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and butter and flour spring form pan 10-11 inches in diameter.
2. First of all, into a food processor put the diced butter, the eggs, the sugar, a pinch of salt, and the vanilla extract. Now, turn on your processor until the ingredients are completely mixed and smooth.
3. Pour the resulting mixture into a bowl. Add the grated zest of the two lemons.
4. Now, alternate adding the flour (into which you should sift the baking powder, and the milk. You should sift the flour into the bowl, as well. Little by little, add it in and then add some of the cold milk.
5. The next step for the sunburst cake is to pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
6. Peel and core the four apples, and cut each apple into 12 slices. Now, arrange them, evenly spacing them in a circle and lightly pressing them into the batter. It's helpful to place four slices at each 90 degree mark as to divide the diameter in 4 parts which will make it easier to evenly space the slices. As you can see, I've added the slices in two concentric circles -- you can see the sunburst, now!
7. Now all that's left is to add a sprinkling of cane sugar and then bake in an oven at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.
8. Here's our sunburst apple cake out of the oven and cooled a bit. You can add a sprinkling of powdered sugar to the top, and the cake is ready to be served.