Sugar Free Red Velvet Cake
|Shortening||3 Ounce (1/2 cup for cake)|
|Granulated splenda||1 Ounce (2/3 cup for cake + 1/3 ounce for icing)|
|Egg||2 Large, well beaten (4 ounce for cake)|
|Red food coloring||2 Ounce (for cake, If you use soft gel paste food coloring, use 1 ounce water and 1 ounce food coloring)|
|Cocoa powder||5 Gram, sifted (1 tablespoon for cake)|
|Baking soda||6 Gram (1 teaspoon for cake)|
|Salt||6 Gram (1 teaspoon for cake)|
|Buttermilk||8 Ounce (1 cup for cake)|
|Vanilla extract||5 Gram (1 teaspoon for cake + 2 teaspoon for icing)|
|Vinegar||5 Gram (1 teaspoon for cake)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (12 2/3 ounces for cake + 1 1/2 ounces for icing)|
|Heavy cream||8 Ounce (1 cup for icing)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (2 sticks at room temperature, for icing)|
1) Preheat the oven to 300 to 325°F.
2) Sugar Free Red Velvet Cake : In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and the red food coloring to make a paste.
3) In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the shortening and the
splenda until light and fluffy.
4) Add the well beaten eggs a little at time, scraping in between additions as required.
5) Add the red paste, beat until well combined, scraping as required.
6) Combine the buttermilk with the vanilla, and sift together flour and salt. Add alternatively to
the shortening mixture.
7) Add the baking soda and vinegar and beat well.
8) Pour into a 8-inch cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until
the cake is done.
9) Sugar Free Icing : In a pot, whisk together the flour and the heavy cream and cook on medium-low heat
stirring constantly until it becomes thick like a dough then cook for a few seconds longer.
10) In an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, combine the splenda, butter, and vanilla extract and whip until light and fluffy.
11) Add the cooled flour and heavy cream mixture and beat on medium speed for up to 18 minutes until the icing turns almost white.
12) Cut the cake to make 2 layers, trim off the top and place the cake layer on the top of a turn table with a piece of damp paper towel. Spread the icing on the surface of cake layer and then place the second cake layer.
13) Ice the top and sides of the cake smoothly with a spatula. Decorate the cake further with colored icing with the help of piping bags as desired.
14) Slice the Sugar Free Velvet Cake and serve.
White preparing the icing, if a skin appears on the bottom of the pot it should be finished. Taste the dough to make sure the strong starchy flavor is cooked out. Allow to cool to room temperature. If there is any grease pooling on the roux, pour it out – this can cause the icing colors to separate later on.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4333 Calories from Fat 3236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 368 g565.5%
Saturated Fat 193.9 g969.4%
Trans Fat 11.2 g
Cholesterol 1221.4 mg407.1%
Sodium 4228.3 mg176.2%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 54 g108.7%
Vitamin A 189.8% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 79.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet