|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a mixing bowl add butter in room temperature and mash it gently with a spatula.
2. Add sugar to this completely and mix it well until it is well incorporated.
3. Whisk rigorously with an electric whisk or normal whisk for a couple of or three minutes.
4. Add eggs into the mixture and mix well until it forms a creamy texture.
5. To the flour, add baking powder, baking soda and the salt and mix well.
6. Add the flour into the egg mixture in two portions or equal halves.
7. Blend after the addition of each half with the whisk.
8. Add little by little milk to get a smooth texture blending with the whisk while adding.
9. Add few drops of vanilla extract and mix well.
10. Take a cake tin, grease it with butter and pour the batter into it.
11. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes such that a toothpick comes out clean when pierced into the cake.
12. Sprinkle over some powdered sugar on top of the cake.
13. Cut slices of the cake and serve with coffee.
Calories 1149 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.5 mg72.2%
Sodium 1433.7 mg59.7%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 151.6 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.6% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet