Scrumptious Peach Cake!
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Peach||4 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Pound (at room temperature)|
|Egg||2 Medium (at room temperature)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Nut||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (pecan or walnut)|
1. Cut peaches in half, remove pit, peel and slice
2. Put peaches in a med sized bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar plus a dash of cinnamon – set aside
3. Combine flour baking soda, baking powder and salt - set aside
4. Combine 1/2 cup of sugar with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and set aside.
5. Blend butter and 1 cup of the sugar on med high for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
6. Add sour cream and beat on low until well combined.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and continue beating.
8. Add flour mixture slowly, beating on low until well combined, remember to scrape down sides of bowl.
9. Butter bottom and sides of 8 inch square baking dish.
10. Spread 1/2 of cake mixture over bottom of baking dish.
11. Layer with 1/2 of peaches.
12. Sprinkle 3/4 of remaining sugar mixture over peaches.
13. Spread remaining cake mixture over peaches
14. Layer remaining peaches.
15. Top with nuts and remaining sugar mixture.
16. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes – test doneness of cake by inserting knife or toothpick into cake.
17. Serve sliced.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.3 mg20.4%
Sodium 330.3 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet