Triple Chocolate Raspberry Cake
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (packed)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Raspberry extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chip||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Imported milk chocolate||8 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bitter sweet chocolate/Semi sweet chocolate||8 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Raspberry||1 Bag (1 kg) (fresh, 1 basket)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two 9 inch cake pans with parchment.
3. Butter and lightly dust parchment with flour.
4. Whisk first 5 (dry) ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Beat butter until light and fluffy, add sugar, then vanilla.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Beat in dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Pour batter into pans.
10.Bake on rack in lowest third of oven for about 55 minutes – until tester inserted in center comes out clean
11. Place chocolate in medium bowl.
12. Bring cream and corn syrup to simmer in small saucepan.
13. Pour hot mixture over chocolate.
14. Add extract and let stand 1 minute.
15. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
16. Let filling stand at room temperature while cake is baking.
17. Make Glaze: Stir chocolate, butter and corn syrup in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
18. Mix in extract.
19. Cool glaze until lukewarm, but pourable (stirring occasionally)
20.Place bottom half of cake, bottom side up on a cake plate.
21.Spread jam on surface, not completely to the edges (avoid dripping oversides.
22.Spread filling on top of jamPlace top half of cake on top.
23.Pour glaze over center of cake, and using a wide spatula, spread quicklyover top and sides of cake.
24.Decorate with fresh raspberries.
25.Chill and serve.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website